Geriatric Physiotherapy

Geriatric Physiotherapy covers the broad area of concern which mainly focuses on older adults. Conditions related to Geriatric Physiotherapy are osteoporosis, arthritis, Alzheimer, cancer and hip replacement, joint replacement.

The physical therapy intervention is capable to prevent lifelong disability and restores the person’s level of functioning to its maximum level. The form of therapy used is aimed to restore the mobility, increase fitness levels and reduce pains and provide additional benefits.

Geriatric physiotherapy is one of the proven means for adults from every level of physical ability to improve the balance and strength, remain active and build confidence. There are lot of people who know this therapy as form of treatment used to treat after accident and stroke. While it is also useful for variety of reason including improve balance, strength and overall fitness. With the use of Geriatric therapy, older adults may get myriad benefit and contribute to the physical abilities with maintaining the independence over a longer period of time. Further it can also help to avoid falls in older adults which is something crucial for population.

Falling is one of the greatest risks that older adults face which leads to hip fractures which then result into the downward health spiral. Hundreds of thousands of older adults face fall which results into hospitalization. Almost everyone who faces hip fracture have to stay for one week in a hospital with approximately 20 percent of them dying within a year due to injury. Whereas remaining 80 percent cannot retain their previous level of functionality. Geriatric therapy help adults top remain strong and independent as well as productive.

Geriatric Physical Therapy includes:

Exercise: It is the form of any physical activity which is beyond what the person does while performing the daily task. Exercise is defined as any form of physical activity that is beyond what the person does while performing their daily tasks. Exercise is designed to maintain and increase person’s coordination, muscle strength, resilience and physical endurance along with their balance. It is meant to increase the mobility and decrease the chances of accident or injury from falling. In relation to geriatric therapy, exercise include stretching, weight lifting, walking, aquatic therapy and several other exercises which are aimed towards particular injury/limitation. The physical therapist assist the person with teaching them exercise on their own allowing them to continue the exercise at home.

Manual Therapy: Manual therapy is used with the aim of augmenting circulation and restoring the mobility which is lost due to an injury or lack of use. Manual therapy is used to reduce pain which includes manipulation of the person’s joints and muscles along with massage.

Education: Education is important to success and effectiveness of geriatric physical therapy where you are taught ways of performing daily tasks safely. Physical therapists also educate about the use of assistive devices, and how to save themselves from further injury. Older adults utilize physical therapy to regain independence while it can also help seniors to feel better and enjoy a higher quality of life.

Why choose us?

Physiosolution provides you with the variety of services. Our physical therapists   work with people evaluating their physical capabilities and morphing specific programs of exercise and wellness for them.

Our physical therapist are committed to be the source of information for understanding changes in the body and offering the assistance for regaining lost abilities or development of new ones. Our Physiotherapists will help you to understand the physiological and anatomical changes taking place with aging process. Here at Physiosolution, physical therapist uses treatments with modalities, exercises and screening programs to accomplish your goals, such as:

  • Reducing pain
  • Improve of sensation and joint proprioception
  • Increasing overall fitness via exercise programs
  • Suggestion of assistive devices for promoting independence
  • Restoring and maintaining the range of motion, flexibility, physical strength, coordination and endurance.