A muscular pain is a condition that is also referred to as muscle strain, muscle injury or torn muscle in which a muscle gets pulled accidently beyond its normal range of extension, further resulting in torn out muscles. The condition causes severe pain and also results in swelling and bruising. The muscle pain has various effects like reduced muscle performance, reduced flexibility and increased stiffness.
Effects of Muscular Pain:
- Tightening of muscles
- Bruising and Swelling
- Weakening of muscles
- Reduced flexibility
- Inability to stretch the muscles fully
Why choose us?
Physiotherapy is one of the most effective treatments in the condition of muscle pain, which is aimed at providing a long term relief. Here at Physiosolution our professional physiotherapists play certain roles in the case of muscle pain, which include – He properly analyses the exact area of the pain and the cause of the pain; He is trained to employ proper biomechanics while diagnosing so as to avoid injury recurrence and further damage of tissues; He gives a proper massage treatment so as to relieve the pain; At Physiosolution we teach certain exercises in order to facilitate the muscle rehabilitation program and gain in flexibility, endurance and strength.
Aims of Our Muscular Pain Physiotherapy:
A proper physiotherapy treatment for muscular pain is targeted at-
- Relieving muscle pain
- Relaxing the entrapped nerve tissues
- Reducing the muscle tightness or stiffness
- Rehabilitation of the damaged muscle
- Strengthening the muscles
- Increasing the range and flexibility of muscle movements
The main therapeutic methods we employ:
- Related Exercises:
Some specially designed exercises need to be performed in the presence of the physiotherapist, which include-
- Rehabilitation Exercises- These include exercises, which involve gentle muscle movements as directed by the physiotherapists. These are dedicated to restoring back the flexibility of the muscles and restore back the strength.
- Stretching Exercises- These exercises are aimed towards gaining back the flexibility and increase the stretching capacity of the muscles without being torn.
- Strength Gaining Exercises- These involves various exercises which are specially designed so as to increase the strength of the muscles. These exercises are generally of isometric and isotonic type and use some type of support.
- Heat and Cold Therapy- The heat therapy includes the application of heating pads that particularly help in relaxation of the muscles and relieving pain. While, the cold therapy includes the application of ice packs which are dedicated to reducing the swelling of the muscles and relieve the pain.
- Transcutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulator- a TENS unit consists of a small battery operated electrical device that injects small electrical impulses to the skin through electrodes. This treatment helps in relieving muscle pain.
- Acupuncture- This type of treatment employs manipulation of acupuncture points along the guidelines of acupuncture therapy so as to directly target the actual position of the pain. Acupuncture therapy has come up as a successful therapy in muscular pain treatment over the years.