Neck pain is a condition of ache in the neck muscles, which further brings stiffness in head movements and may further stretch to take the form of back pain. The neck pain is mainly caused due to some poor sitting or sleeping habits and sometimes it may arise due to a sudden muscle pull or jerk during sports activities. The neck pain is usually characterized by a protective muscle spasm of some neck and shoulder muscles and weakness of the others. In order to gain back the proper functioning of the neck, the condition has to be reversed.
Effects of a Neck Pain:
Some of the most common conditions caused by neck pain are-
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Bulging Disc
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Cluster Headache
- Pinched Nerve
- Neck Arm Pain
Why choose us?
At Physiosolution the physiotherapists are trained to determine the exact position of the pain and analyse the actual cause of the neck pain. As a neck pain may be caused due to a combined effect of improper neck muscle movement as well as joint movement it needs to be handled with proper care by the physiotherapist and the correct way of diagnosis is to be found. Our physiotherapists are skilled enough to provide a pain relieving massage treatment, which may be a deep tissue massage or a light hand massage. With this, at Physiosolution we teach some particular neck exercises like rotation in order to gain back the proper functioning of the neck and reduce the pain.
Aims of our Neck Pain Physiotherapy:
The neck pain physiotherapy is particularly targeted towards-
- Relieving the neck pain
- Reducing the stiffness and regaining back the flexibility
- Fetching a long-term relief
- Reducing the risk of any other related issue such as degenerative disc disease
The main therapeutic methods we employ at Physiosolution:
- Related Exercises: Some specific exercises as directed by the physiotherapist prove to be quite beneficial in the case of neck pain. These include-
- Directed Rotation: A regular rotation exercise for the neck is suggested by the physiotherapist, which needs to be performed exactly as directed. This hep in regaining back the flexibility.
- Movements Along the Axis: This exercise involves the gentle movement of the neck along the x and y-axes so as to restore back the proper functioning of the neck and release the stress between the neck muscles.
- Deep Tissue Massage: This involves evaluation of the exact area of the neck pain and involves a deep tissue massage so as to relax any stretched muscles without affecting any other adjoining muscles. This involves a skilled physiotherapy treatment.
- Chiropractors: As the physical therapists chiropractors also use gentle muscle adjustments to restore back the normal functioning of the neck and relieve the pain. The chiropractors generally manipulate the neck and thoracic joints so as to relieve the stress and reduce stiffness and gain back the flexibility of neck movements. However, the technique is risky for a person suffering from vascular problems in the neck.
- Heat Application: Application of heating pads such as hot water bags and application of heat transmitting lotions and ointments prove to be an effective method in relieving neck pain. These methods tend to cause muscle relaxation and thus relieves stress.
- Assistive Devices: Neck belts and shoulder belts are often suggested by the physiotherapists so as to keep the neck in proper shape by providing support.