The upper back pain is a condition of severe to mild pain in the upper part of the back, which is also referred to as the thoracic pain. The condition is one of the most common issues that may be a complex or simple situation. The upper back pain is generally caused by a poor sitting posture, or sudden muscle-pull or muscle strain. The condition leads to mild pain or severe pain in the upper back followed by stiffness in motion and difficulty in the sitting position.
Conditions related to Upper Back Pain:
- Bulging Disc
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Neck Arm Pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Facet Joint Pain
- DOMS – Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness
Why choose us?
The physiotherapists at Physiosolution are trained to find the actual reason of the pain and to find the most appropriate method to restore back the proper functioning of the back muscles. Our physiotherapists teach a various set of specific exercises to restore back the pain-free movement of your back. Our physiotherapists teach you the right sitting posture and ways to follow it readily that could offer a long-term relief from the problem. With this, rehabilitation exercises are also taught and the proper massage treatment is also provided by our physiotherapists.
Aims of our Upper Back Pain Physiotherapy:
The physiotherapy treatments for upper back pain are aimed towards-
- Relieving back pain
- Restore back proper functioning of the back muscles
- Proving long term relief
- Reduce the stiffness and gain back the flexibility of movements
- Employ proper sitting posture
Why Choose Us?
The main therapeutic methods we employ:
- Upper back stretching exercises- These include some specially designed exercises that help in pain-free stretching of the upper back so as to restore back the flexibility and range of movements. These exercises are performed with equipment such as cushion, thick towel and exercise mat.
- Deep Tissue Massage Treatment- This treatment involves a deep gentle massage that is aimed at relieving the stress developed in the chronic muscles due to regular tension or strain. The direct pressure and friction from the massage applied is used to release this tension between the tissues.
- Ultrasound Treatment- This method employs injection of gentle sound waves deep into the affected muscles, which enhances the blood circulation and helps in releasing the muscle tension. This is targeted towards reducing the pain and stiffness in the upper back.
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation- Abbreviated as TENS, this technique employs the use of a machine that sends small variable electrical impulses deep in your skin to cause muscle relaxation and relieve the upper back pain. This treatment is also available at home but should be done in assistance of a skilled physiotherapist.
- Hot and Cold Modalities- An alternation between hot and cold therapies helps in relaxation of the tight muscles as directed by a physiotherapist. This technique uses the advantage of an increased blood flow through the affected area and thereby gaining in the oxygen level at the area, thus relieving pain.